Sunday, May 8, 2011

Final Summarization of the blogging assignment:


I began this assignment with the very clear objective to discuss a current event and attempt to personalize it for readers. At some point during the process, I realized that this had become personal in a different way. At this time in my life I am striving for self-improvement working to rediscover my own voice. In a way my expression of a compassionate view towards others is also speaking to a compassionate view towards self. Tolerance and acceptance of differences became more of a central theme rather than the mere relation of current events. The ability to write in a “bloggy” or personal mode I think allowed me to make this transition more easily as I was in fact speaking in that voice that I have been trying so hard to find.

The use of visual images was also freeing - choosing images to reinforce my points was a good challenge, but the visual rhetoric analysis was a revelation into what makes a good image speak. It is as if I learned a new language and way in which to communicate thought. By far I will say that this was my favorite part of this assignment. The lessons learned here will be used in many aspects of my future efforts to communicate, which would be the entire point of a composition course, to communicate effectively.

It always is positive to learn, but to enjoy the learning process is a true gift.

Thank you!
Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment